I all,

I recently picked up a KXPD2 knowing I could use it on my existing KX3 and
will work on the KX2 once I receive it.

I am not sure if I am missing something, or there is a manufacturing
problem, or it's just the way it is.   Are the paddles supposed to have a
ton of vertical play/slop in them?  The screws that come up and down from
the outside into the paddles that act as the bearing points slide around in
the holes like crazy.  When you attempt to key you can see them move at 45
degree angles as if the hole they are in is drilled out too big.  Is that
normal?

One paddle has about 1/8" vertical movement, the other almost a full 1/4".
It's hard to key quickly on these because they move all over the place.
The strange bearing slop is also causing me to be unable to adjust equal
pressure on the paddles.  Since you press one side and they both move, you
cannot get the spring pressure equal since they move a different amount
left and right.

I realize these are "field equipment' and not intended to be a finely tuned
precision device, but the way they move around so drastically makes it
unusable.
Just wondering if this is the way these are designed or if I need to call
Elecraft and ask about it!

Thanks.
73
James