Josep,

The K3 has a QRQ mode which provides faster QSK and improves the timing
of CW over about 33 wpm. But when the K3 has to shift frequency between TX and RX (that is, when RIT/XIT or SPLIT is on, this is automatically turned off.

What you may be noticing is not exactly a change in speed, but an increase in jitter (inconsistency in speed) when you turn on RIT/XIT or SPLIT.

Note: The effect I'm talking about is only noticeable at high speeds (over 30+ wpm). Also, it is only a problem on the older K3 that does not have the synthesizer boards upgraded to the K3S type. And of course it is not a problem on the K3S which comes with the improved synthesizer.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
CWops #5