I’m not an audio expert, but I’d probably get a simple voice-oriented mic,
maybe an Electro-Voice 635A. If you need a preamp, the Rolls MP13 Mini-Mic
looks like a good match. It is a single-channel mic preamp with an unbalanced
output. You would need some sort of adapter cable to go from either the XLR or
1/4-inch output to the TRRS jack on the KX3. The MP13 1/4-inch jack might be
for stereo headphones, it isn’t quite clear.

The Rolls preamp is exactly what I’d expect for a $60 preamp, does the job but
not something designed for a studio.

For the EV 635A, there should be tons of those available used. We used those
onstage in my high school in the early 1970s and they’ve been the go-to news
gathering mic for all that time. If you find a used one that looks like it has
been used to drive nails, it is probably fine. They call it the Buchanan Hammer
because of its durability.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood