No other setup that I'm aware of. Just plug in wired RJ45 Ethernet with
active DHCP and an IP address appears on the K4 menu. Tap Fn|UPDATE and
you're in dialog to download the latest or a prior release. Easy peasy.

If you don't have easy access to wired Ethernet, use a so-called Ethernet
Extender with an RJ45 jack and use your in-home WiFi signal.

/Rick N6XI

/Rick N6XI

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 11:47 AM Fred Jensen <k6dg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is only true if DHCP is enabled in the router [it almost always is
> in home situations], AND the device you're connecting is configured to
> negotiate with DHCP for an IP address lease.  I don't have a K4 but I
> suspect there is at least one other attribute for the IP address setting
> that will activate DHCP negotiation with your router.
>
> 73,
>
> Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
> Sparks NV DM09dn
> Washoe County
>
> Dave wrote on 4/25/2022 11:28 AM:
> > When you plug in the Ethernet connection from the radio to your router
> then router should assign the radio an IP address then you can do the
> akftware updates.
> >
> > Dave wo2x
> >
> > Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.
> >
> >> On Apr 25, 2022, at 2:24 PM, Roy Morris, Jr. via Elecraft <
> elecraft@mailman.qth.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Can I connect the ethernet port directly from my internet sevice
> provider router to my K4 for firmware updates?  If so, would I need to go
> into the K4 menu and change the IP address since NO ETHERNET is the default
> setting?  Thanks.  Roy Morris  W4WFB
> >>
> >> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> >> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> >> Message delivered to rocke...@gmail.com