Hello Elecrafters,

I am running a K3-based K-Line: K3-P3-KAT500-KPS500.

Currently, I have two antennas connected to my KAT500: ANT 1 is my SteppIR
40/30 3L, and ANT 3 is my 160M/80M dipole.

When I have my K3 select 40M/20M/17M/15M/12M/10M/6M, my KAT500 is in BYP
mode and ANT 1 as expected.

On 30M, my SteppIR requires some matching and I have trained the KAT500 to
match the SteppIR on 30M.  This works fine if I remember to switch the
KAT500 to MAN before transmitting on 30M.

On 160M and 80M, the KAT500 selects the ANT 3 correctly, but stays in BYP
mode and I must switch the KAT500 to MAN to use the KAT500 matching
parameters.

I've been operating this way for 10 years and I'm quite use to these
methods.

However, it has occurred to me that there may be a way of configuring the
KAT500 so that:

*       When I have the K3 select 30M, the KAT500 selects MAN mode ANT 1,
and then if 40M/20M/17M/15M/12M/10M/6M is selected, the KAT500 would return
to BYP mode on ANT1.

*       When I have the K3 select 160m or 80M, the KAT500 would select MAN
mode ANT 3, and then if 40M/20M/17M/15M/12M/10M/6M is selected, the KAT500
would return to BYP mode ANT1.

It appears to me that once my KAT500 is in BYP mode, it remains in BYP mode
for whichever band/ANT is selected until changed by the MODE button, and
once in MAN mode, it remains in that mode until manually changed.

I've worked with the KAT500 Utility to try to achieve this more automatic
switching of antennas and KAT500 modes by band but have not yet succeeded.
I've read through the manual, but I cannot find what I need to accomplish
this.

Your guidance would be most appreciated.  Thanks!

- 73 and good DX de Mike,  <http://www.qrz.com/db/k6mkf/> K6MKF, NCDXC
<https://www.ncdxc.org/>  Vice-President 2021-2022 - In pursuit of
DXCELLENCE!