I have not had the problem of devices “moving” on the Mac. I think the Mac uses
the FDTI serial number to keep them straight. When I was using a RS-232
protocol analyzer on to chase a problem, I had 4 Elecraft FTDI RS-232 <—> USB
cables hooked up. Two for the two directions of the analyzer, one for the K3
acting as test machine, and 1 for a KX3 acting as the other end of the RF link.
The Mac always seemed to keep them straight, even when I plugged them into
different USB sockets on hubs etc.

I’ve always wondered why Microsoft hasn’t fixed this problem. And I sympathize
with my friends who use Windows.

73 Bill AE6JV