Hi - I’ve had my KPA500 serial number 3645 for several years and until today
have had zero problems with it. Previously it was driven by a K3; currently
(until today!) a K4D. Last time I used it, it worked great. Today I powered it
on after having it off for several days and when I went to Operate mode, I got
the dreaded 270V ERR display. When I display HV it shows “1”. Everything else
seems to be OK - band changing works fine, metering of the power and frequency
are OK - just can’t go to Operate mode. The top cover is on just as tight as it
has been for years. Fuses are all OK.

Looked through the archives and did see a few hits, but most were related to
loose top cover or incorrect voltage settings.

I’ve fired off an email to Elecraft support earlier today but thought I’d run
it by the owner community too.

Suggestions?

Jim Bennett / K7TXA
Eagle, ID