Greetings!

I now have a K2.  8-)

I notice that when I have the RF gain full clockwise, radio works fine, but
then if I so much as touch it to move it counterclockwise, it completely mutes
out the radio as if it were already fully counterclockwise.  Then as I move it
farther, it resumes behaving as expected with commensurately variable degrees
of RF Gain.

It looks to me like an intermittent connection in the pot.  I had resolved it,
or so I thought, by just exercising the pot back and forth a bunch of times -
thinking that the contacts were just maybe dirty.  It started working normal
again after that.  And then after a while, it went back to its original odd
behavior.

So my question is, is there a specific kind of contact cleaner/electronic lube
that one would recommend for this pot?  Or am I looking at just replacing it?
Or is there something else I’m perhaps not considering?

This is merely an annoyance, not a show stopper… I still make Qs with the rig.
I’m about to open the rig up to install a KIO2 and thought while I was in there
I’d try and address the RF Gain pot issue, hence why I’m asking the K2
braintrust for their input...

73,
Dave - N5DCH