Dan,

Yes, the Elecraft MH2 and the MD2 are no longer available.  There have been
some comments from Eric that they were persuing replacements, but no time
frame for availablity was mentioned.

I will not make a specific recommendation, but I can give you some 'food for
thought'

One alternative is to use the Kenwood mic configuration, it is very close to
the Elecraft mic configuaration (only a couple pins different and no
resistor on the mic jack).

Icom mics seem to be quite usable and the mic configuration info is in the
KSB2 manual - most do need a resistor from the 5 volt pin to the AF pin at
the mic jack (although some do not).

I sent a post on mic considerations to the reflector yesterday - the subject
line was 'Getting Started on K2', so you may want to review the archives for
that additional info.

73,
Don W3FPR