The KPA1500 power supply container houses several power supplies. Only a small
one is on all the time. It can run a microcontroller and switch the larger
supplies, but not much else.

The 50V and 12v supplies are switched completely off when the amp is “off”. The
fans are associated with the 50v supply.

It’s like a TV set that can be operated by a remote control. Or a wall power
switch that can be turned on by a microcontroller.

73 de Dick, K6KR