From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill Mader
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:21 PM
To: Elecraft E-mail Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] Problem with KAT500 firmware v. 2.05

Andy and Len,

Yes, V2.05 DOES ignore a configuration with solutions that work in V1.75.
I have used both versions and tested them again for Dick, K6KR, with whom I
am working.  He has the trace log showing the problem along with the same
configuration file that works for V1.75 and not for V2.05.

BTW, the log and utility indicate the KAT500 knows the frequency in both
cases but fails to select the proper tuning solution (in some cases) when
V2.05 is loaded.  There is 20-50 Watts available for reading the frequency
in both cases.  When tuned, the output is 100 Watts.

Also, which should be obvious, the KAT500 is trained on each band and acts
appropriately with V1.75.  Why it doesn't with V2.05 is currently a
mystery.  It could be a problem with this specific KAT500.  I will try
another S/N soon.  Lightning is approaching so I shall unplug and
disconnect.

73, Bill Mader, K8TE
ARRL New Mexico Section Manager
*ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio**™*
Secretary/Treasurer and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 10-18 Sep 2022
New Mexico QSO Party 8 Apr 2023
Duke City Hamfest Chairman www.dukecityhamfest.org 15-17 Sep 2023

Message delivered to l...@lnainc.com