Hi, Jim.

Yes, I've previously seen your paper on the vertical dipole with the coax sleeve.  Interestingly enough, I independently came up with that same idea many years ago, although I was never certain that I could come up with a good enough common mode choke to make it work. Your cookbook solves that problem.

For locations with a suitably accessible tree to hang it from, that idea makes all the sense in the world.

And yes, I've also followed N6BT's work over the years.  His vertical dipole designs with the coiled ends are (were) amazingly effective, and the similar quarter wave vertical (VOR) with a coiled counterpoise wire is as well.  I once modeled his VOR on 80m with what was essentially a cage instead of a single wire in order to get more bandwidth.  It looked good on paper but I never built it.

73,
Dave AB7E