Pete ...

Overshoot was a problem in the early K3s (plural, not S), but was corrected in firmware.  Surely the K3S never had it at all.

But apparently so for yours.

If you have the latest (i.e. final) firmware installed, a quick phone call to Elecraft support should solve it.  There are just too many of both rigs out there for it to be a problem anymore.

73,
Kent
K9ZTV