Just a quick note to let you know that my KX1 is singing (and listening)
nicely.  The "receiver nearly deaf" problem was discovered to be an open L5
which is part of the 14 MHz LPF.  The short story is that without the 5.6 uH
inductor, the filter was essentially sending most of the signal from the DDS to
ground, and not onto the mixer.

Many thanks to Gary, Scott, and especially Don for staying me with uncountable
emails and getting to the bottom of this.  It was tough at times, but actually
fun and definitely rewarding.

See you all on the air.

Regards,

Vin  KR2F