What do you want to do on 2M? In general, I see Kenwood as the best of the JA radios, and by a wide margin. I love their TH-F6A talkie (now discontinued), hated the digital replacement for it, so I'm still using the TH-F6As. I own three of them. One of them is in my Tesla Model 3, with a vintage 20W talkie amp. Their TM-V71A is a very nice FM rig. It's in my SUV.

I have no positive advice on the equivalent of the 706. All-band rigs like that are well below the quality level you're used to with anything from Elecraft. For CW, SSB, or digital modes, I'd suggest the internal transverter for your K3S if it's still available, with an outboard brick amp. Vintage RF Concepts and Mirage (from California, NOT Mississippi) are the good brands.

73, Jim K9YC