I have a Yaesu FTDX3000 and I am about ready to put in an order for the
KAT/KPA500 combo and the CBL-YAE-BKDA15 cable.

Right now, I have a mAT-30 tuner from Vibroplex.  After having tuned all the
bands I use, the tuner recalls the setting from memory as I spin the tuning
knob.  So, the relays click and clack and the tuner is ready before I transmit.

I’ve read the Elecraft application notes for interfacing Yaesu rigs to the
PowerCombo, nevertheless, I am not sure if the PowerCombo will follow the 3000
band and frequency changes prior to keying:  looks like that is enhanced mode
which would not be available to me.   So would I be operating in enhanced mode
or intermediate mode?

Since the 3000 has the BCD info available, doesn’t make sense to me that it
would not be enhanced mode?  What do you all think?

Best,
David, W2MZ