Does anyone know if the P3 Panadapter will work with the K2 transceiver?

It does, with a number of caveats:
- The K2 does not have an IF Out port. On my K2, I never installed the no-antennatuner BNC connector; I modified the connector to use a small coax cable (AWAY from the high RF output of the antenna circuit to avoid leaks) and re-purposed the BNC for "IF Out". In hindsight, perhaps I should have used a SMA connector and some filler rings (for the same hole at the back of the K2) - You need an IF buffer amplifier. Search for "Clifton Laboratories Z10000". The buffer amplifier comes in two versions, Z10000-K2 and Z10000-U. You want the K2 model, or get the universal model and add the 4.915 Mhz filtering. - The IF output is a tad low, you won't see "the bottom of the band" though I still found this useful - The P3 cannot talk to the K2. Which means that there won't be frequencies on the P3 display, nor can you make the P3 "shift" as you can make the K3 do. The center will be the frequency you are receiving (which I consider most useful anyway), but that's what you get. - The K2 has some BFO leakage back into the IF. For reception that does not matter; however for spectrum display you will find a spike in the center of the frequency you are receiving. There are some mods to make it "less" but not "gone". If you have a live band you probably won't notice; I was using the QO100 passband on which signals have a max strength of 24dB above noise and then the spike shows. I did not find it objectionable.

I do suggest you take some time to look up the original Clifton Z10000 documentation; it is a piece of art on the same standard as the K2 manual if not higher. I learned quite some things by just looking at the documentation. It is very unfortunate that Jack is no longer with us; however production of the amplifier has been taken over by DX engineering who sells pre-built boards which seem to be of similar standard as the ones Jack provided.

Is it useful? Definitely! Recommended? Yes. But you should know the limitations, which is why my posting is more verbose.

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG