Ok every field day, I complain about loud signals stomping on me. Everyone
says “then get a roofing filter,” so I bought, installed, and configured
the KXFL-3 in my KX3 recently. And I have NO idea how to use it. The Cady
book explains what it does and how to configure it but don’t really cover
when and how to engage it. The Elecraft install instructions do as well.
I’m led to believe that it kicks in automatically, could that actually be
the case or am I missing something?

TL;DR: can anyone point me to interwebz or printed content on how to use
the KXFL3 roofing filter, in time for WFD this weekend?

Thanks again,

John O.
K7JTO
Salt Lake City, Ut, USA

KX3 with built-in tuner, KXPA100 with built-in tuner