A couple days ago I encountered that kind of issue: I had the K3 in DATA mode "looking at the psk-31 mode" and went to shift back to USB, but the XMIT/TUNE button yielded no output.

Checked thru the list you provided and checked that I was in ANT1 output as I have run xvtr mode in the past. No output into my KXPA100/KXAT100; no input to re-tune the ATU...huh? Manually keying PTT switched the KXPA100 into tx. So finally, I recycle the power button on the K3 and it resumed normal operation (TUNE worked; SSB worked, ta-da).

I have noted that changing bands with the K3/KXPA100 combo the ATU doesn't always recognize the freq shift (until I recycle power on the KXPA100). I'm guessing that's because there is no control line from the K3 to the amp like what is used with the KX3 (which is really nice when mobile and amp is under the back seat).

Anyway sometimes recycling power works!

73, Ed - KL7UW

Josep,

Please check the obvious things:

1) Is 'test mode' on?
2) Is the power level turned to zero?
3) Is the VOX on (for CW)?
4) Are you using the right antenna selection?
5) Is your key plugged in/wiring OK?

I know some of this is really basic, but sometimes in the heat of
battle, something gets overlooked.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE