Your questions regarding if you can use a KPA100 and KPA1500 together has
been recently asked on this list and the answer was YES.

I suspect, as K9YC noted, that the real issue is with your antenna.  You did
not specify exactly what you have tried.  A 1/4 vertical with a decent
counterpoise will work very well but I suspect that the vertical you tried
was something else. A simple center fed 1/2 WL dipole with the center as
high as possible should also get you into the net with your 100 watts amp,
no tuner needed.

John KK9A

Karl AF5LQ wrote:

I have a KX3 and a KPA100 amplifier but despite various attempts at
verticals, end feds, OCFs, and loops, am unable to call anyone, especially
on Elecraft 80 m Sunday nets on 3.784 or 3.786. Reception is adequate with
most 5/8 or 5/9 and verify against the call- in list. A lot of people seem
to get by with a KPA 500 but reception is not as solid as those running the
legal limit. My understanding is that the KX3 is compatible with the KPA
500. What about the KPA1500?
Question: Is it possible / practical/ safe to daisy-chain a KX3 to a KPA100
and drive a KPA1500?
Thanks and 73,
Karl AF5LQ