I use them in a lot of things and love them. They're lighter, slightly
higher voltage than alkaline (which are themselves higher than NiMH), they
maintain a flat voltage longer, and they handle in the cold or under high
loads (but not both) better.

My only caution is that, because the discharge curve is so flat, you get
*very little* warning when they die. If you're used to judging remaining
capacity based on voltage, you'll be unpleasantly surprised.

Hope this helps,

Julie