I have a T1 that I have used for several years.   I recently purchased a
QCX-mini, and an SW-3B.  I normally use my K2, KX2 or KX3 for portable
operations, but occasionally I like to use something different for QRP CW.
Both the QCX-mini and the SW-3B require a 2.0 or less SWR.  The
documentation for SW-3B says that operating at any SWR over 2.0 will damage
the radio.  The outputs varies with voltage, but usually runs at 4-5 watts
with a 12V supply.  If I attach the T1 to that rig, and perhaps the QCX-mini
as well, it will require the rig attached to present a constant carrier to
tune.  This seems to eliminate using an auto tuner with the SW-3B at a
minimum in that configuration.

Can someone tell me how I might get the T1 to tune in the field with
something other than the rig.  If I could trigger it to tune, then I could
attach to the radio after the tune cycle.   My plan is to use a resonant
antenna, but that may not always be possible, especially with a three band
rig like the SW-3B.

Thanks,

Terry, N7TB