I had the same problem about a year ago.  It's a problem with the output PIN
diode switch. There will be a burned toroid in the output switch circuit. I
sent mine back for repair. It's been working fine since.Good luck,Glenn WB5TUF
-------- Original message --------From: Rajiv Dewan <rmde...@gmail.com> Date:
7/16/23  08:45  (GMT-06:00) To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject: [Elecraft]
KPA500 PA DISS fault Hello,   My KPA500 developed a PA DISS fault right the
start of the VHF contest operating FT8 on 6m.  It is:* showing this message on
all bands.   The antenna is fine.  (1.2 SWR)* same fault even when feeding a
good dummy load* I smelt acrid smoke :(What do you think I should check or
do?Thanks for any tips,Best,Raj N2RD-- --Rajiv Dewan,
http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htmPost: mailto:elecr...@mailman.qth.netThis list
hosted by: http://www.qsl.netPlease help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.htmlMessage delivered to wb5...@comcast.net