On 7/30/2023 7:40 PM, Oscar Staudt wrote:
When I got my K4D a month ago, I unplugged my Yamaha CM-500 mic and
headphones from my K3, and plugged them into the back of my K4.  I set the
mic input to rear, and mic bias on.  I expected the mic to perform
like it had in the K3.

I attempted to get 3-5 bars of ALC by turning up the mic gain control.  Even
with the gain up to 80, I’d have to speak *very* loudly to just get a
flicker on the ALC meter.

My CM500 mic is plugged into the rear mic jack. I turned on the 14dB preamp and bias. With the front panel MIC set to 15, I get 5 on the ALC meter with a normal voice -- no shouting or extra-loud is needed.

Don't know what's different, but those are my settings and result.

73. Mike N4CF