At 7:27 PM -0600 8/23/06, Karl Larsen wrote:
Now either of these should be possible for your tuner to tune. Your right the impedance changes between these values and if your very careful you can get close to 50 +j0. But why?

Well, I think you answered my question.Changing the feedline length changed the impedance to a value the tuner could handle, which was the original issue.Remember that this is a coax fed antenna, not ladder line (which I have at my home QTH). I know that swr is very high and not an issue with ladder line; that's what I use at home.The tuner is simply a device to allow maximum transfer of power from the transmitter to the feedline.