-----Original Message-----
From: Bob

... but let's be realistic -- it's only a 5% increase...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with prices going up.
Businesses have costs and need to make a fair profit on their goods.
It's not about price increases, it's about notifying your client base
that prices will be going up so they can plan accordingly.

In my case, I wanted 3 things:  100W, SSB, 160m.  The extra $30 is cost
means for the same bux I'll be getting 100W, SSB.  Same money spent,
less hardware purchased.

...the cost of all of the options that haven't gone up in price (yet))

And this has me nervous.  Are other options I want about to jump in
price so I'll again have missed a pricing window, or are these prices
going to stay stable for 12 months so I can delay my purchase like I had
originally planned.  Isn't paranoia and over-analysis a wonderful thing
:-)

It would have been a nice courtesy for Elecraft to give us a warning so
we fence-sitters can get off the fence and place our orders while the
lower-cost window is still open.  Not a requirement, just a courtesy.

- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -