The duty cycle of FTx is 43.3% and may be less than RTTY or PSK depending on the transmit:receive ratio; or long winded SSB.

I've run the KPA1500 at or near legal limit into a resonant antenna on Ftx, for hours at a time without issues.  It will warm the shack and I suggest headphones, the fan can make some noise.

The lower output that you run, the less efficient the amp is, which is total power used (presented as heat) to output power. Sometimes (30M), that's the cost (the K3/4 won't produce the US legal limit of 200 watts, without the amp).

73,
Rick nk7i