Excellent info from both Dick and Andy on this.. thanks!

On 11/14/23 18:54, Dick Dievendorff wrote:
It’s not a stupid question.

The two RCA connections are interchangeable.  There is just a relay between
them that is opened to interrupt the amp key line.  No other connections. It
doesn’t matter which of the connectors is connected to the exciter or amp.

73 de Dick, K6KR