I was behind a *double* NAT until I got a static IP but in the meantime I setup a reverse SSH tunnel It's been several years since that but it's a real pain to setup and keep connected. Finding a host provider that would permit a reverse tunnel is a challenge, few will do this.

John WB5THT

On 12/15/2023 11:57 AM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 14
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:57:57 +0100
From: Magnus Danielson<mag...@rubidium.se>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4 Remote Lives and Breathes!

This issue is real. A problem is also there is quite many port forward
configurations to setup as one setup a station.

There is methods to punch through NATs, and I hope one have chosen to
use an approach that does this. One is to operate over a VPN that have
these abilities. Another is to use a standard tunnel usinging say TLS
that also include the punch-through capabilities.

Also, IPv6 is starting to replace the IPv4 NAT/CG-NAT hell. It's been a
long coming for sure, but there is plenty of signs it is happening.
While initial release may be IPv4 limited, IPv6 should be high up on the
list of thigns to fix if it is not already handled. This should not be
relevant only for the K4, but any device.

When wearing another set of hats, I work on these issues.

73 Magnus SA0MAD