Pete,

Sounds like you need to check your Audio settings in WSJT-X. Go to File/Settings/Audio tab, and ensure that the Input is set to K3 Output (USB AUDIO CODEC) and the Output is set to K3 Input (USB AUDIO CODEC). Both channels should be set to 'Left'.

The names could have been changed, but IIRC, that is the default names given by Windows when you plug in the USB cable from the K3.

If instead, you have the default Windows spkr/mic set, then you likely are decoding via the hot mic on your PC, but when you try to transmit, WSJT-X will object.

Hope that helps.

73,
-- Dave, N8SBE

On 2024-01-03 11:34, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
I just moved everything to a new Windows 10 computer, and seem to have scrambled the USB connection between the computer and my K3. The receive bargraph is pinned at 85 dB, but the wide graph display shows only a relatively few, weak signals, and when I enable transmit, WSJT-X throws an error message "Error in Sound Input." I suspect the latter probably means that the settings for the USB port connecting to the K3 are messed up, but don't know how to correct this. Can anyone help?

73, Pete N4ZR

Message delivered to n8...@densbe.com