3806 kHz, 9PM ET Sunday (0200Z Monday), although we met on 3824 kHz this evening (see discussion below).

Thanks to the following check ins (w) and relays (rel):

   Call   State Radio/Amp            Name
1  N8SBE  MI    K4D/KPA500           Dave (w),(op)
2  K8NU   OH    K4D/KPA1500          Carl (rel),(w)
3  WM6P   GA    K4D/KPA1500          Steve (w)
4  W9PCS  WI    K4D/KPA500           Paul (rel),(w)
5  W4NDK  NC    FTdx10               Nate (w)
6  K1NW   RI    K4D/KPA500           Brian (w)
7  WN9A   IN    K4D/KPA1500          Larry (w)
8  KD9YVJ IL    FT710                Ross (w)
9  K2RIG  NJ    K4/Mercury III       Bill (w)
10 K1DIH  CT    K4D/Tokyo Hi-Power   Brian (w)
11 WX0MIK MN    FT991/Collins 30L-1  Mike (w)
12 KC3TIU PA    G90/G125             Bob (w)

We had a total of 12 check ins this week (including the NCS). Signals came in strong after the initial check ins, then faded a bit during the 73 round. Thanks to the relay stations for the assists this evening. Very nice hearing from the new check ins and in particular from KD9YVJ who was using the gutters on his house for his antenna and the first check in from WX0MIK using a Collins 30L-1 amplifier! I hope to see all of you again. The net concluded at 9:42 PM ET.

We have a really great group of folks checking in, and I encourage anyone in the Midwest and adjoining areas to try to check in next week.

Also, a couple of stations have complained of a 'roaring' noise (like a foreign broadcast jamming station) on our planned frequency of 3806 kHz, so I decided to find an alternate frequency this evening, which is how we ended up on 3824 kHz. Brian, K1NW, reported that 3803 kHz was free of the noise, and that the folks that meet there just prior to 9pm ET have been closing their net promptly at 9pm, so I propose we try 3803 kHz next week.

As a reminder, if you go to https://netlogger.org at the net starting time and look for the 80M Elecraft SSB Net, you should see the frequency we are using that evening, if we must QSY again due to busy frequencies.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE