Mike and David,

Thanks for your replies. I transmitted into a dummy load once the radio had
recovered. I switched to the antenna and worked a couple of stations without
any trouble.

The rig is connected to my Win 10 machine for logging (N3FJP AC log). This
computer has been a real challenge since I upgraded it from Win 7 to 10. I can
no longer control its desire to automatically update - it has beaten me...

There have been some issues with COM port assignments after an update, but I
have not seen anything else that that has affected the radio. However, I won't
rule that out as a possibility.

I'm leaning toward RFI as the cause. I think this was the only setting that
changed - but why that one?

73, Jim  KO5V