Programs such as SDR Console V3 make accommodations for  IF OUTPUTso that it
can be used but it is limited in some ways as compared to havingand using the
shared antenna (RF OUTPUT). If I have it, I use RF Output.
de Wb8yqj DonWB8YQJ Website

|  |
WB8YQJ Website

Please help me understand how the IF OUT works on an Elecraft radio.? Is
it the same thing as sharing the antenna with a T/R switch, or does it
tap the RF processing chain later down the line. Does the IF OUT merely
share the antenna, or does it come later in the circuit - are there any
practical reasons why one is better than the other?? I presume the IF
OUT is better, but wonder why.