Good Evening Folks,
The twenty meter net had a little noise caused by a foreign station jamming someone else. Next week I will move further afield. I will announce the offset before I run the net but please look further from 14050 kHz than normal for ECN/20. I'll not be close to 14050 kHz if these folks keep up their music broadcasts. Either higher or lower but I will try to find a quieter frequency. Forty meters was very nice in comparison. I simply had to fight a little QSB and the normal thunderstorm caused QRN. Not a problem, I've grown accustomed to that! I am not sure about Ron though. He is normally much stronger here. A note to you folks who don't know our local geography. Ron lives in Forest Grove. I live north of him about fifteen miles but about 1600 feet higher in elevation. There are no intervening mountains like there are for the folks in Hillsboro, Beaverton, Portland, or Gresham. He should be strong to me via ground wave. I assume he was using his KX1 but may be fiddling with antennas. Pete relayed him into me from Southern California!! Ron may have been skipping right over my home above Buxton. I'll await the rest of the story ;) Sounds like most folks had a good weekend and their weather is cooler than mine. I got a bunch of wood cut and stacked into my woodshed. If we have a very mild winter I am ready. I'll double the amount of wood I've got stacked to be prepared for a harsh one. The decked wood is in great shape; now for me to reach that state! A few hours each day and it will get done. Kevin the ant not Kevin the grasshopper. Dinner was a couple of chorizo burritos. I was stuffed so I gave some of the filling to Sam. He ate all I gave him. The green peppers, onions, even the jalapenos were gone when I picked up his dish! I think he likes the chorizo filling :) I'll keep him as fat as I can for another year with this kind of dinner. I felt very relaxed after dinner so the second net was more fun. The lack of jamming was a great pleasure but hearing you all was best. Please stop by whenever you have the time. Ric has me wanting to travel. I'd love to go to Ontario and work on his hardwood floor. I've done it before out of bird's eye maple so I have a little experience. I'm not sure what type of wood he's using but it would be fun to put in another hardwood floor. Mine came out of a church which had been condemned for a bearing wall failure. We had only a week to take out the pews and the floor before they knocked it down. I was exhausted by the time we were done since we were working 18 hour days but we had quite a few square feet of very nice wood on our hands. We sold most of it and I put some in my living room in Wisconsin.
   The lists ==>

On 14050.50 kHz at 2300z:
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 5138
W0SZ - Steve - CO - K2 - 4088
N8YO - Mike - MI - K2 - 5644     QNI #5!
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037      QNI #20!!
WG7Y - Bob - WY - K1 - 2140
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993     QNI #65!!
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968

On 7045 kHz at 0200z:
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 5138
W0ESE - Bryan - MO - K2 - ?    A fly by :)
AC7AC - Ron - OR - KX1 - 004     QNI #10!!
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037
AE6GC - Jack - CA - KX1 - 1403
WI6O - John - CA - K1 - 922
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152

If there are any errors or fills necessary please email me and I'll fix the database. Now I'd better get the rest of my chores done so I can get to bed. Tomorrow I'll not be up at 3 AM but rather a bit later. The IR images came out great. Now to write reports and get the system in shape for the second round of SBIR. We may even get a chance to rest a bit before we do more field work. I'd like to get the system a bit more refined and have the software in better shape. I am glad it worked so well but there is much room for improvement. Hopefully we'll be granted second round funding so that work can take place. Otherwise I'll have a lot more time to work on my house and send out an updated version of my resume ;) Either way Winter will happen so I'd better get ready.
   Until next week: stay well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)