-- An update on my KPA500 failure --

I extracted the amplifier/LPF assembly from the case
and examined the two units:

- Power FETs and all components *appear* to be OK
- *LPF Module Rev D* bd appears to be what failed. The
  SM component positioned between C97, C110 and
  C111 *MAY* be C96 - hard to identify after cleaning the
  white vapor-deposited 'stuff' from the PCA using
  acetone solvent. There was what appeared to be a
  "tombstone-positioned" '*something*' sitting on a pad
  in the damaged area that I can not identify.

I have not been able to locate a schematic or PCA
picture for this LPF assembly to identify the missing
component. If someone could provide a link to the
Rev D LPF assy, I would appreciate it very much.

73 and TU to all who have, so-far, provided helpful
suggestions. I am now waiting to hear what Elecraft's
Service Department has to say about the failure info
and picture I sent to them today.

Dick/w7wkr