Now that Remote is available to all K4 owners, we'd love to hear how you're
using it.

For me, Remote has added an unexpected new dimension to HF QRP operation.

At my home station in the SF Bay area, I have a mediocre antenna farm (OCF
dipole and a 16' vertical). Nothing rotates. Nothing changes length at the
touch of a button. Birds who fly through my near-field live to tell their young.

Worse, I'm at the mercy of my electrically noisy neighbors.

Fortunately, I have a friend who lives 800 miles north of my QTH. He has huge
directive antennas on a massive tower, not to mention an unbelievably low noise
floor. I've been envious of his riparian RF ecosystem for years, mine being a
desert in comparison.

Now, using K4 Remote, I can virtually operate his station whenever he (or
someone else) isn't using it. And since I'm controlling his K4 with my own,
there's no difference in the UI or feature set. I've still got three 400-count
optical encoders for VFO A, B, and RIT/XIT; QSK CW with AFX stereo; all the
same computer and software interfaces, and his high-res panadapter on my LCD
and HDMI monitor.

(It's not just the next best thing to being there. It *is* being there.)

Once he installed the new beta release, I kicked off a new effort: 1-watt CW
DXCC. With his antennas, it shouldn't take long.

For example, the other day I was tuning around 20 meters locally (i.e., using
my own antenna) and heard only a few EU stations, peaking around S5. Three
seconds later I was using my friend's station -- the band was now wall-to-wall
S9+ DX. I dialed his radio down to 1 Watt and immediately picked up a few new
ones.

While many K4 owners will be using Remote with KPA1500s, chasing top spots in
contests and adding to their 300+ country totals, some of us will be nibbling
at the fringes, like so many cleaner wrasses on a great white. I hope to hear
these stories, as well.

73,
Wayne
N6KR