I just got a note from Ron, AC7AC. He was not running his KX1 but rather his K2/100 at 100 watts. Propagation is a strange thing! I was capturing what little I could hear of his signal via a weak NVIS connection it appears. He said I was the weakest station on ECN. Luckily W6ZH was listening so he could relay AC7AC from Southern California. After Pete told me Ron was calling I copied him but not very well.

Who ever said radio was a science?
   Kevin.  KD5ONS