On Wed, Oct 2, 2024 at 3:31 AM Ingo DK3RED <mailingli...@qrp4fun.de> wrote:

> I know how I can store a message in the CW memory in the KX3 with a paddle
> key. I also
> know that the program "Elecraft KX3 Utility" can be used for this. And I
> read the
> Programmer's Reference for the KX3.
>
> But what is the command to store a message in the CW memory?

There isn't one.

> I don't want to take a Windows machine (for the "Elecraft KX3 Utility")
> with me. I would
> like to use my smartphone with a terminal program ("Serial USB Terminal")
> for this. This
> already works well for generate CW with the KY command. But my smartphone
> causes
> interference that affects the receiver. I therefore only want to use my
> smartphone for
> programming the memory.

Sorry, this is not supported.

I think the KX3 Utility uses some type of special "direct write to
non-volatile memory address" command.  They don't publish how to do that
because it would be too easy to really mess up the KX3 firmware if they did.

A crude work around would involve special hardware (two open collector
keying circuits) to simulate tapping the dot and dash paddles in the right
sequence at a certain speed, so you wouldn't have to program the memories
by sending on the paddle yourself.  But writing new code to do that is
probably not worth the effort.

73,
Bob, N6TV