Tom N0SS wrote:

Folks:

Just received a query from a friend, asking how to VISUALLY identify a NPO/C0G ceramic capacitor if it's in your junkbox.

I've heard that NPOs should have a colored band along their top edge, but I've not been able to confirm this via any published info, of from more than one 'informed' source.

Hi Tom,

They usually have a black band. The encapsulated ones have a code number which varies, and my cypher cracking book is in Brussels - sorry.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD