Hi,

Well I just didn't feel like giving in to Murphy. Searched the Internet and found 2 good sites dealing with the HP-8640b. One site is EB5ABV where I found the answer to the frequency counter/readout problem. I managed to repair the broken
wafer and now the freq. counter/display works great.
The other site is VE7CA, where, with a little trouble shooting found the answer to the no output problem..the Final Amplifier Hybrid module is NG. He does offer suggestions for substitutions which I may have to try. Has anyone on these lists dealt with the same problem, if so, what was your remedy, and any possibility someone has a
surplus stock of these original parts?
I guess as a bona fide home brewer/experimenter, I just can't give in to Murphy.........yet.

--
73
Larry