I hear N5PHT on 40M most mornings near sunrise during my commute here on Cape Cod (Massachusetts). I believe he runs a 2 element yagi at 85 feet, so if you worked him on 40M, that probably helped a bit :-) - good DX, probably grayline, for sure!

73,
geoff - W1OH

David Walker wrote:

I thought I'd post this as a ray of hope to those hard core QRP ops out there. Conditions have been poor lately. I just worked N5PHT with 5 watts. My rst 559 and I sent him 599.

Regards,

Dave
VK2NA