I was surprised that RF clipping or compression for ssb was not
mentioned as a "requirement" for the K3 (or K 0.5 or K4).

The German unit looks great (tiny).  Decades ago, before I forgot "the
phone" I used a board produced by DATONG (UK).  Back then (late 70's
early 80's??) it was "small" but would be considered huge today.  But
it worked extremely well and, as the German unit appears to do, it
converted audio frequencies to RF, clipped, then converted back to
audio freq.  You just stuck it between your mic and the mic input of
the radio.  It had two adjustments...clipping level and output.  I ran
mine off of a 9V battery, which lasted at least the entire 48 hours of
a  contest.

The DX and Contest crowd (those who remember "the phone") would love
something like this on the "next" K2 or as an add-on option.  They
really do work!

de Doug KR2Q
K2/5285