i worked RZ0AF in central Russia (Krasnoyarsk) on 20 meters with my KX1
to a 10 foot whip and a 13 foot drag wire from Kansas on 9-9-06 at
0200z. i had my drag wire heading north.
In spite of the Bottom of the Cycle conditions, 20 meters is having openings.
We had no mosquitoes in Kansas that night because the wind was blowing from
the south. The only thing pedestrian mobiles have to watch out for are the
stickers and the rattlesnakes ! i saw a snake along the road.
Paul  w0rw