[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have read several articles and books on antenna building but have missed
anything that addresses this aspect of antenna construction.  That is not to
say that it hasn’t been discussed only that I have not seen it.
You might benefit from a visit to the DX Engineering web site (http://www.dxengineering.com/) where your path to Nirvana is Base Station Antennas -> Multi-Band Dipoles. These guys do a great job of explaining the reasons for certain designs, choices of antenna lengths, feed-line types and lengths, the use of suitable choke-type baluns, and so on. And they sell great hardware. Their prices indicate that they are proud of their products, as they should be, but I'm happy that I purchased some of the critical components of my 80-10 meter doublet from them.

Good luck with your antenna system,

Gus Hansen
KB0YH