Arie:

Tested the noisblanker rubbing a screwdriver across the first RF amp
Q21. Yep, makes a difference. Now waiting for a nice thunderstorm or some
static rain :-)

Don't expect ANY help with atmospheric noises such as that which comes from lightning and thunderstorms.

The NB (as with virtually ALL NBs) is designed to work on short-duration repetitive pulses, such as sparkplug noise, the XYLs hand mixer or sewing machine, line noise, etc.

My KNB2 DOES work on local electric fences, and it will often help to reduce the corona on the antennas as a result of static build-up from passing storms (because the corona discharge is fairly repetitive).

I find that my KNB2 generally works very well on those things for which it was designed to work. Sometimes, if the actual STRENGTH of the noise is low, it will not be enough to trigger the NB, however I have, in some instances. been able to fix that by turning the PREAMP on... making all signals (and noises) stronger, and up to a level where the NB can detect the noise.

73,

Tom N0SS