I think we should have some special "Almost QSL" cards
printed up.  They would say:

"If you had been using a K2 as well, we would have
QSOed on  -Date-, -Time-, -Freq- etc.  Your signal was
RST 579 with my K2 connected to a wet noodle.  Strange
that you couldn't hear me..."

I may make some up myself!

73,

Ken Alexander