Zak,

Have you adjusted the forward power trimmer pot on the KAT2 to match the
power that you measure on the DL1?  If not, that is what you must do.

Once you set the fwd pwr pot correctly, the K2 microprocessor should display
the power output properly with a TUNE+DISPLAY operation.

If that does not happen, you should follow the schematic in the KAT2 for the
VRFDET output and trace it back to the control board to see why it is not
showing the correct level.

Another question - do you have the K60XV installed.  If you do, change R6 in
the KAT2 to 470 ohms as indicated in the K60XV manual.  Without the K60XV,
the 47 ohm value for R6 is OK.

73,
Don W3FPR