I worked Paul for a 559 from his KX1. I was running my KX1 at 2W into a hamstick on top of the car, parked at the Winterlodge Skating Rink in Palo Alto. I gave Paul 539. There was some QRN from nearby machinery. If you do a Google image search on "garden of the gods" my pix are the first hit.
Leigh/WA5ZNU

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This morning i will be out enjoying the scenery in the famous Garden of the Gods Park in Colorado Springs, CO. i will be on 14060 +/- using my KX1 with a 10 foot whip while out hiking around the park. 9/30/06 Op times estimated to be 1615 to 1700z.
Paul  w0rw/pm
--------