Hi Bryan,

Your approach as you say solves a lot of problems. I use someting similar here using antennas each matched to 50 ohms, but a remote ATU would be a better approach and would certainly add to a multiband capability. From a remote coax multi-position antenna select switch, the main RG-213 feed about 80ft in length runs underground to the shack in a plastic pipe (with drain holes) along with the control cable for the coax switch. When putting a dummy load at the remote switch all that I can hear is receiver noise, although I suppose that the noise generated by the coax itself and the dummy load is in there as well. I had been worried that the rabbits, moles and their friends might be interested, but seemingly they are not.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD