I worked through the intermittent problem I had last week.  Oddly enough, it
was a defective 100k pot at R26.

I have been going through the alignment procedures and everything is OK
until I am finishing up the transmit tests and check signal quality on all
the bands.  All is OK, except on 80 meters.  On 80M both the CW note and SSB
signal is raspy in the monitor receiver (a TS440 sitting on the bench).
Power output and all else seems OK on 80M, but the sound is rough.  Looking
at the schematic, I note that 80M has its own LPF path, but I would think
the power output would be off if something is wrong there.

Any suggestions of where to look?  Thank you.

73,

Phil Shepard
NS7P